Dishonest Unethical people - do not use if you want your belongings

Terrible Terrible dishonest company - do not use if you want your furniture 5.0 My parents used this company to pick up the contents of their home in Florida, store them for 1 month and deliver to their new home in Nevada. Sounds great on the phone when they tell you they can do it no problem and competitive price. All *** breaks loose when they try to execute.nnWhen my parents called to have their belongings picked up - a week in advance - they were told next Friday all set. When the movers did not show up on Friday, they were told they needed a 2 day window for pickup and it would be picked up tomorrow, Saturday. The good news was that it was picked up on Saturday and my parents still owned the home.nnNow it comes time to get the delivery. My father again calls up a week in advance and asks for it to be delivered on Thursday. He tells them since they need a 2 day window - Thursday or Friday is good. Thursday he calls to get the estimate of when the movers will be there - he is told now they need a 4 day window and it could arrive any time between Thursday - Sunday. He asks for Anthony to call him back (Anthony is the person he placed his initial order with that told him oh yes we can do this - Anthony never calls back) . I call on Saturday to get an estimate of when the movers are coming - the operator tells me the driver is on the West Coast and is estimating delivery Sunday. Of course they did not show up Sunday and the office is closed no answer. Sunday afternoon the driver himself calls my mother and tells her he will be there Monday between 8AM - 12PM and does she have the money???? We asked for delivery Thursday-Friday and got delivery Monday? My brother and I flew in over the weekend to unload banking on delivery.nnThe driver told my parents he didn't leave Florida until Friday. The company lied to me when they said the driver was on the West Coast. They also fell through with their commitment to deliver when we asked Thursday or Friday.nnDo not use this dishonest company that has poor customer service.
ID

AVOID American Moving Services, FL & NM

Lily, our CS, stated verbally that the deposit was to be verified and held until moving day, it was instead cashed immediately. The moving company then did not arrive during our contracted window of time of either the 17th or 18th of August. Spoke with Jay, Eli and Joe (after repeated calls to get a hold of someone - NO ONE CALLED ME to discuss the non-arrival) and was told reason for delay was "I don't know." I was told nothing would be done to complete contract. Joe refused to create and send a new order for service or a new arrival date, despite the DOT laws regarding movers. Joe stateddidn't know when the movers would arrive, ignoring our contract. I stated this was unacceptable as the lease was out on my house, the roof was being torn off and it was unlivable, and I had a job to beginning on a established date. Joe and Eli were both extremely rude and uncaring. I was told tough luck and then no calls were returned or answered. 48 hours passed without any communication from this moving company. This resulted in extra expenses and having to hire a new moving company at the last minute in order to complete my move as scheduled. Misrepresentation of company: Same company two different BBB accounts. Address listed 1747 Van Buren St., #720, Hollywood, FL 33020 AND 8201 Golf Course Rd NW Ste D3-344, Albuquerque, NM 87120. Bait with the AA rating of this company and switch with the D rating of the FL address. Other Numbers: (954) 923-****, (888) 668-****, (505) 629-**** CS rep who assisted us- Lily D. ext 103 Manager: Eli Ash at NM number Joseph Mangiafico, Dispatcher/Customer Service President list as a Jessica Szachniuk - will not answer or return calls. USDOT #: 635580 MC#: 486912

File complaints EVERYWHERE.

Make a form letter that you can cut and paste. Send letters to the Attorney Generals in both NM and FL. Then file with small claims, you have up to 2 years.

I am in the same boat. They have been holding my stuff for 6 months now, I doubt they still have it anymore.

I have a few addresses and a little free time on my hand.

I am thinking a trip to Florida and possibly some harrassment is in order. For what I've suffered, for the humiliation I've been dealt, and the destruction/theft of my belongings, I feel some harrassment to them would be worth the small effort it would cost me.

View more comments (1)
ID
Syracuse, New York
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article